Monday, October 13, 2008

Madison's THREE!


"...it's my party and I'll cry if I want to." Too much attention and wanting Hot Cocoa fueled the short burst of tears right as we were singing to her!
Cael, the man - looked too cute, I couldn't leave this one out!

Madison had a fun birth-week celebration. It started with Grandma/pa Ogden fulfilling her dream of cowboy boots. We took a trip to Brown's Boots in Richfield where she picked them out herself. A little disclaimer: I did a little dissuading from the pointy toed, silver jeweled beauties - so not practical for the everyday wear that they are getting. Lisa and Chet bought her the pink cowboy hat and let her keep the change. She's always been a cowgirl at heart, but now she looks the part. Thank you so much!

Sunday, her actual birthday, we had the Larsen's and David to a birthday party. Due to the FOOT of snow we had in our backyard, we changed our plans from a Sundae Bar to a Hot Chocolate Bar. She loved her presents, but the highlight was that her cousins came to play with her. Payton made her a "hammer" which is what she told Grandma about 1st - you should have seen the look on his face - satisfaction, joy, love...priceless.

I made the horse cake, which took longer than I thought it would, but worth every second. Except for the second that Alexa asked, "What's her cake?" Payton answered, "It's a horse." Alexa puzzled, "Where's it's head?" All I could do was laugh! Thankfully, everyone else figured it out. Sweet Ashley even complimented the carrots, "Oooh, those are a NICE touch!"

We had a very fun, chill(y) evening celebrating our certainly darling Madison.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Love the Hat! Happy Birthday Maddy!! We Miss you!

Heidi said...

We were so sad to miss your birthday Maddy! It's the first one we've missed! It looks like you had fun.

We love you guys!

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Hi there,
I am guessing that Madison's favorite color is Pink?
The snow is pretty, but too cold for me.
Glad to see you are doing so well.
Love, Aunt Venna Rae

Jon & Kim said...

We missed you guys tonight!! Fun to look at your blog. Happy Birthday Maddy and congrats Cail on your blessing. Cute family you are!

Tanya said...

Hi Melanie, I love the pictures!! Your family is totally adorable and the kids are so dang cute! I have a blog too -- www.kyleandmommy.blogspot.com. We hope to see ya soon! :)

Tanya

Suzanne Lancaster said...

What a cute blog - love those cowgirl boots! YEEHAW :)