Thursday, September 24, 2009

CRAZY!


Last Thursday we headed for a late dinner. I had the three non-football players with me (common place), which means we all were going in. Unbuckling and the other menial tasks associated with getting out of the car took longer than "shot from a gun" Jono could take. When Madi, Cael & I walked in to an exceptionally busy Little Caesars, I was greeted by Jono at the cash register with a proud face. He cooly says, "I've already ordered," like this was normal... So, I paid for his order and we left.
Crazy Little Caesars for letting a six year old order after standing in "the shortest line there was" without even seeing an adult with whom he belonged.
Next time, I'll just send him in with the money!
My independent son leaves me feeling like he just might do okay with out me. I've heard mom's lament this as their children grow up, but I've racked my memory and I don't think any of them were talking about a SIX year old!
I couldn't find him at the church the other night. Everyone was asking if they needed to start a search party. They chilled when they could see I truly wasn't worried. He's so confident that I can't help but be confident in him. I said he's smart and I'm not worried - I'd just REALLY like to find him. So, our constant goal is - DUDE, just tell me!!!
I love this boy!

No comments: