Tuesday, September 8, 2009

House PROGRESSion #2


My awesome kids unloaded TWO monstrously heavy boxes of cultured stone that couldn't be budged until they were 90% empty. I borrowed Tom Page's truck and wanted to get it back to him asap, so I put the only available workers to work. I don't remember what I promised, maybe it had something to do with McDonald's. Anyhow, we were all mighty impressed with our muscles after we got the pallets unloaded.
We're getting closer on the house. A couple more weekends with our part-time contractors and we should be ready to hunker down for the winter. The lights have gone up since I took these pics and I need to post a dark picture because it's my favorite part. The railing and raw wood will be painted white next week.
We've heard we should take down the front trees so you can see our beautiful house, but I disagree. We think they add to the charm, knots and all. Maybe they just need a good trimming.

We love the new green board and batton siding and faux shake shingles.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Yeah! So fun to see the progress. You guys are great at seeing the potential -- it's awesome!

Kristin said...

Looks awesome Mel, Can't wait to ssee it in person!!

Julie said...

Awesome!! I clearly need to drop by and see it in person.

Unknown said...

The house looks great guys!!