Thursday, September 24, 2009

First Day of School

Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. ~John Dewey

My boys are growing up! I'm nearing a mix up between mine and Payton's shirts and socks in the laundry. Ask him who's flip-flops I wear on quick trips out the door! His!
Payton started Third Grade and is keeping up just fine ;) And I assume he's happy there with Mrs. Kimber because when I ask him how school was everyday he says, "good." That's a period there at the end because that's really ALL he says. Some days I pry for an ounce of news, but mostly I move on to Jono. "How was school, Jono?" 3/5 days: "Bad!" I've figured out that this isn't in reference to the work or the teacher, Miss Jorgensen, but how the football game went at recess. All parents should have psychology degrees.
Madi started preschool this year. She doesn't travel far because I had a first day of school this year too. I have eight students (+ Cael, until after snack when I happily put him in his crib). Madi loves having her friends come to "play." I've enjoyed teaching again, but am glad it's only two days a week. I love preschoolers - life is so simple to them and happiness comes easily. Watching them learn and light up will never fail to put a smile on my face.

No comments: